Prenatal vitamins and some mineral are to be taken before or during the time of pregnancy. These prenatal vitamins can not replace a healthy diet but useful for bearing the child.
These pregnancy vitamins help a lot during the time of pregnancy. According the American diet association. These prenatal vitamins are useful for a healthy outcome.
Multivitamins and prenatal vitamins are similar. Vitamins such as folic acid, iron, and calcium are useful for the development of the fetus. High dosages of these vitamins are not good for the fetus and the pregnant women.
These pregnancy vitamins are easily available in retail store as well as on the demand of the doctor. Prenatal vitamins are available according to the need of the pregnant women now it is not necessary to take full dosage of these vitamins because compressed tablet is in market now with good quality. So the dosage can be taken according to the choice and capacity of pregnant women.
In the list of actual vitamin many other prenatal vitamins included like:-
- Omega-3 fatty acid
- Docosahexaenoic acid
Some of the Prenatal Vitamins are:-
- Folic Acid:- Folic acid is the most important and necessary for the initial growth of the baby in the womb. This pregnancy vitamins save the baby from the disease spina bifida which causes protrude of spinal cord. It easily affects the normal working of the spinal cord of the baby. This is very complex even a surgery cannot fix it.
- Calcium:- Calcium is all responsible for the development of the bones of the baby, development of nerves, muscles growth etc.
- Potassium:- Potassium is useful for the woman who is conceiving the baby. This is helpful for combat situation like imbalance of the BP (blood pressure) during the time of pregnancy.
- Iron:- Iron is useful for the pregnant woman because during pregnancy body produce extra blood and new red blood cells for the fetus. But if volume of iron is less in the body this will hamper.
- Thiamine:- This prenatal vitamin is useful for provide energy to the pregnant woman. It is the only source of energy. And it will help in the breaking of carbohydrates in the body.
It is not possible for a pregnant woman to get all the nutrients. Even if you take a healthy diet broad ranges of dairy products, foods, meat, vegetables, fruits, grain etc.
Prenatal vitamins are beneficial for pregnant women they can get benefit by this. Because prenatal vitamins and mineral work as a supplement.
Taking these prenatal vitamins and minerals with proper diet and with dietary restrictions, pregnancy complications, health issue like:-
- Blood disorder
- Bypass surgery
- Having twins
Taking prenatal vitamins is an insurance policy to make sure about the amount of nutrients and vitamins.
Two crucial and very important nutritions:- folic acid and iron
Most of pregnant women cannot get enough these two vitamins by food
- Folic Acid:- Folic Acid vitamin b can reduce the risk of spina bifida, cleft palate by 50 to 70 % body of pregnant women absorbs synthetic folic acid so it is better to take supplement for it
- Iron: – Iron reduces the risk of anemia. And it helps in the production of blood.
Taking vitamin at prenatal stage immensely beneficial for a pregnant woman. During pregnancy extra care and support needed for the body because women body undergoes with so many changes.
Prenatal vitamins are also necessary for another life inside the womb. These prenatal vitamins are officially included in the diet before pregnancy by the gynecologist.
Some Beneficial Prenatal Vitamins are:-
- Folic Acid: – Folic Acid is the most important and necessary for the growth of the fetus. Folic acid saves the fetus from the birth defect as spina bifida. Spina bifida is a birth defect which causes the protrude of spinal cord. At least 1000 mcg of folic acid taken by the pregnant lady.
- Calcium: – Calcium is another prenatal vitamin. It is rich source of calcium. For the development of the bone calcium is necessary. It is also useful for the development of the nerves, muscles of the fetus.
- Potassium:-It is another important prenatal vitamin. Lady trying to conceive should have enough potassium in their body. Potassium also helps in Regulating of muscles and nerve impulses.
- Iron: – During pregnancy women body produce extra blood and also make new blood cells for the proper development of fetus. And less iron in the body will hamper it. Anemia is a result of iron deficiency.
- Thiamine: – Thiamine breaks the carbohydrates in the body for more energy. This is really important for the women who is pregnant she needs all the energy. It is a vitamin which is responsible for the development of the brain of the baby. This vitamin is resource of all the energy.
All prenatal vitamins contain vitamin C, A, copper acid, pantothenic acid and all are necessary for the development of the baby.
Women who are pregnant or trying to conceive a baby should take all the prenatal vitamins and these prenatal vitamins are immensely beneficial.
According to Obstetricians and Gynecologist of America, every pregnant lady must have a healthy diet like variety of foods, with some proteins, carbohydrates, fats and some minerals.
Balanced and good diet is a very good way to gain some nutrients as well as some vitamin supplements. Pregnant woman only take these vitamin in the recommendation of the doctor.
These vitamins are not substitute for the healthy diet.Vitamins are very good for a pregnant lady but we cannot replace the healthy diet with vitamins. Because vitamins and minerals always work as a supplements. These vitamin are helpful but it’s depend n the dosage of the vitamin
Some Essential Nutrients and Vitamins for pregnancy:-
- Vitamin A and Beta Carotene: - These vitamin and mineral helps in the development of the bones of the baby. And the only 770 mcg is needed not more than that. This vitamin and mineral can be easily available in milk, carrots, eggs, yellow and green vegetables etc.
- Vitamin D: - Vitamin D uses calcium and phosphorus.5 mcg of vitamin D is enough. Vitamin D easily gets by the sunshine, fish, milk etc.
- Vitamin E: - Vitamin E helps in the development of red blood cells ,production of extra blood, production of muscles. Vitamin E is available in vegetable oil, meat, spinach. Only 15 mg is enough
- Vitamin C: - Vitamin c is useful for protecting body tissue from the external damage. Vitamin C builds a good immune system for a pregnant woman. Vitamin c is available in bell peppers,broccoli, potatoes, tomatoes,green beans etc. And 80 to 85 mg is enough.
- Thiamine B1:- Useful and helpful in the increment of energy level of the body. And it regulates the nervous system,muscles etc. Whole grain, eggs,fortified, wheat germ, pasta, pork, nuts,organ meats, are the sources of getting thiamine B1.
- Riboflavin B2:- This vitamin helps in maintaining energy of the body, healthy skin etc. Source of this vitamins are: – Meats, poultry, dairy, eggs etc.
- Niacin B3:- This vitamin is good for healthy skin and also controls your nerves and digestion system. High protein food, fish, milk, peanuts are the main sources of this vitamin.
- Pyridoxine B6:- This vitamin is helpful for red blood cells, morning sickness etc. Bananas, broccoli,beans,walnuts , brown rice, peanuts, are the main sources for this vitamin.
- Folic Acid:-Folic acid saves the baby to the disease spina bifida and other disease related to tube defects . You can get folic acid by Oranges, strawberries, orange juice, green vegetables,beets, spinach, broccoli, , fortified cereals,cauliflower, peas, beans, pasta, nuts etc.
- Calcium:- Calcium is used for creating strong bones , strong teeth. It helps in preventing blood clots and also helpful for the functioning of nerves system. Calcium can easily get by yogurt, cheddar cheese, milk, juices, cereals, breads, canned fish with bones,green vegetables
- Iron:- Iron is useful in the blood production, hemoglobin and it saves from anemia. Beef, dried pork,beans, dried fruits, spinach,wheat germ, nuts fortified with the iron.
- Protein: - Protein useful for the production of amino acids, and it repairs cells and tissue. Most of animal foods, eggs, burgers, nuts and dairy products are the sources of protein.
- Zinc:- Zinc produce insulin. Red meat, dairy products, grains, oysters, beans or nuts fortified with zinc.
Prenatal vitamins are useful and helpful for a woman who is pregnant. But these prenatal vitamins are also good for all other women.
Taking vitamin at prenatal stage immensely beneficial for a pregnant woman. During pregnancy extra care and support needed for the body because women body undergoes with so many changes. So these vitamins are helpful for pregnant lady because pregnant woman need higher vitamins as comparatively a normal woman.
Prenatal vitamins are not bad for normal women because vitamin C, vitamin B and some other vital vitamins are associated with it.
These prenatal vitamins can build up body and cause health problems.
Prenatal vitamins are useful for hairs, nails, bones.
Prenatal vitamins are:
- Folic Acid:-Folic acid is the most important and necessary. Healthy adults who are not pregnant need 400 mcg of folic acid. With healthy diet you can take prenatal vitamin and it will increase the daily consumption of folic acid to 10,000 mcg.
- Calcium: - Calcium is all responsible for the development of the bones, development of nerves, muscles growth etc. So taking calcium through prenatal is not bad it will help for your bones, and make them much stronger and healthier.
- Potassium:-Potassium is useful for the woman who is conceiving the baby. This is helpful for combat situation like imbalance of the BP (blood pressure) during the time of pregnancy as well as for those who are not pregnant.
- Iron: - 18 mg of iron is needed by a normal woman and amount increased by 27 percent for a pregnant woman. You can take prenatal vitamin because it is source of iron and it will help you and can build up your system.
- Thiamine:-This prenatal vitamin is useful for provide energy to the pregnant woman. It is the only source of energy. And it will help in the breaking of carbohydrates in the body. Thiamine is the source for energy.
Prenatal vitamin is a host for all vital nutrients like: – vitamin c, vitamin a, copper, pantothenic.
Well, prenatal vitamins are basically formulated for pregnant women and contain high level of vitamins and nutrient.
Prenatal vitamins may not good choice if you are not pregnant, you can take these vitamins they are not harmful but some nutrients are only necessary for pregnant women.
So it is very good idea to take these prenatal if there is any chance of you becoming pregnant.
Women who are pregnant or conceiving recommended to take prenatal vitamins. And these prenatal vitamins are supplements formulated with some aided amount of nutrients that will help in pregnancy, and reduce the risk of some birth disease, but healthy diet is also essential to a healthy pregnancy, skipping of prenatal vitamins may be associated with risks.
Prenatal Vitamins are:-
- Folic Acid:-Folic acid is the most important and necessary for the initial growth of the baby in the womb. This vitamins save the baby from the disease spina bifida which causes protrude of spinal cord. It easily affects the normal working of the spinal cord of the baby. This is very complex even a surgery cannot fix it.
- Calcium: - Calcium is all responsible for the development of the bones of the baby, development of nerves, muscles growth etc.
- Potassium:-Potassium is useful for the woman who is conceiving the baby. This is helpful for combat situation like imbalance of the BP (blood pressure) during the time of pregnancy.
- Iron: - Iron is useful for the pregnant woman because during pregnancy body produce extra blood and new red blood cells for the fetus. But if volume of iron is less in the body this will hamper.
- Thiamine:-This prenatal vitamin is useful for provide energy to the pregnant woman. It is the only source of energy. And it will help in the breaking of carbohydrates in the body.
Prenatal vitamin is a host for all vital nutrients like: – vitamin c, vitamin a, copper, pantothenic.
Neural Tube Defects:-
According to some experts folic acid is very important nutrient, and folic acid is subtype of vitamin b. And this vitamin is crucial in preventing the formation of neural tube defects in the unborn baby.
Neural tube defect is an abnormality that occurs in spinal cord or brain of a baby.
Taking prenatal vitamin will reduce the risk of this neural tube condition.
Prenatal vitamin contains a big source of iron which is very useful for the pregnant lady and for her child. Lack of iron may cause Anemia; red blood cells are very few in the body are a big problem in pregnancy, because red blood cells are the source of oxygen for the developing baby inside the womb. It is suggested by the Gynecologist that iron is very important to support the healthy pregnancy.
Calcium is also very essential nutrient for a healthy and secure pregnancy. Calcium keeps the bones of a pregnant woman strong and healthy and also makes the baby’s bones strong and healthy. According to the Gynecologist pregnant women should must get at least 1000 mg of calcium per day; this is not only for pregnant women same amount of calcium is require for a women who is not pregnant.
Prenatal vitamin may not provide all the quantity but it can help reach this nutritional goal.
Prenatal vitamin contains other vital nutrients that will help in the development of the baby, which may be missing in the diet.
Prenatal vitamins are not substitute for healthy and good diet but they are very necessary and important supplement.